[c-nsp] 7200 T1 Aggregator - ~30-40 LSA events/sec. Normal?

Matt Stockdale mstockda at logicworks.net
Thu Apr 27 14:50:39 EDT 2006

Folks -

  I've just noticed that our 7206VXR, NPE-400, 12.1.19(E1), is sending
out ~30-40 LSA packets per second on the ethernet port that is the only
link to our core. Now, this router runs 4 channelized T3 cards for T1
aggregation, and redistributes static and connected (85 and 44 routes,
repsectively). None of the downstream routers on the T1 are configured
for OSPF. (at least, they shouldn't be), and the circuits aren't
bouncing.

  A quick debug session shows that the LSA's are for the static and
connected routes.

  Is this normal? I see that I can configure some LSA throttling, but
it's hard to figure out the right value to throttle at if I'm not sure
why this is happening in the first place..

  Flames pointing me to RTFM welcome, as long as the TFM is specified.

Thanks in advance,
  Matt

--
Matt Stockdale