[c-nsp] Sup32 Memory upgrade

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Thu Apr 27 17:06:26 EDT 2006

> I'll probably go with 512MB for the supervisor and 1GB for the
> MSFC, is this a wise choice or should I reconsider?

Before you do that, make sure you know what you're going to get.

You are *not* going to get a router that will hold more routes.
To get that, you also need to upgrade the PFC3B, and this upgrade
isn't available (yet). (The Sup32 doesn't support PFC3BXL).

The PFC3B defaults to 192k routes and is tunable to 239k, IIRC.

-A
PS: The current table is in the order of 185k. Anyone care to
    guess when we'll hit 192k and lots of PFC3B systems out there
    will start sweating?