[c-nsp] dot1q-tunneling

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Aug 2 13:23:56 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Alex Cruz Farmer wrote:

> I can't see what could be wrong, as from what I've read simply trunking
> the Vlan should work, although, there is a change of Vendor inbetween...
> If anyone has any suggestions that would be much appreciated. These
> switches aren't currently live, so settings can be changed. :)

To the Extreme switch, the q-in-q frames look like regular q frames. So
you have to configure the extreme switch to support tagged vlan 544 frames
on the ports involved.

Other way is to configure the extreme-switches for "vman", ie change the
.1q ethertype, to for instance 9100. Then the extremes will happily switch
the q-in-q ethertype 8100 frames as "untagged". This will of course change
the entire switch behaviour when it comes to vlans.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se