[c-nsp] Little metro ethernet edge switch

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Tue Aug 8 23:23:48 EDT 2006

Can anyone recommend a *little* switch that can work as an edge device for
a metro Ethernet network? I need a 1U box with at least 1 gigE uplink and
preferably 24 10/100 ports (12 would be OK though). I need at least QinQ
support, MPLS would be a plus. DC power too.

I've been hunting around Cisco's site and they lean towards the 4500 for
this type of application, but that unit is physically too large for the
space I have at one site. I don't have to have Cisco either...

Any ideas? Suggestions?

     -Bill