[c-nsp] 6500 vs 7600

Brandon Bennett bennetb+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:40:10 EDT 2006

>         cisco is really bad about this in my experience.  you just always
> have to be ready to take that rma'ed gear or new gear and get it to
> the "right" code rev.  We went ahead and tightened our sparing
> policies as a result to insure we would not have to upgrade
> at the last second during a failure or maint.

Depends on who you buy it from.  Partners that buy directly from cisco
will get thier product assembled (6500 will be bladed out as stated in
the config) and should come with the proper code.

Other tier-2 parners buy from Cisco distributers.  Mostly all of thier
product is seperated and sitting on shelfs.   They don't assemble it
or load the code on it.

Really,  you shouldn't be touching a 6500 if you can't convert it from
hybrid to native :P.

~brandon