[c-nsp] 6500 vs 7600

Sean Granger sgranger at randfinancial.com
Wed Aug 9 16:57:00 EDT 2006

NTT is the largest telco in the world.
Do the math.
The fact that they screw up Jared's orders is more indicative than most anything else.

And come on, like the conversion is SO difficult.
I think the idea there is that it only means more downtime when you're converting on what is otherwise borrowed production time.
Those who don't keep their spares truly ready will find themselves without a job sooner or later.

>>> "Brandon Bennett" <bennetb+cisco-nsp at gmail.com> 08/09/06 03:40PM >>>
>         cisco is really bad about this in my experience.  you just always
> have to be ready to take that rma'ed gear or new gear and get it to
> the "right" code rev.  We went ahead and tightened our sparing
> policies as a result to insure we would not have to upgrade
> at the last second during a failure or maint.

Depends on who you buy it from.  Partners that buy directly from cisco
will get thier product assembled (6500 will be bladed out as stated in
the config) and should come with the proper code.

Other tier-2 parners buy from Cisco distributers.  Mostly all of thier
product is seperated and sitting on shelfs.   They don't assemble it
or load the code on it.

Really,  you shouldn't be touching a 6500 if you can't convert it from
hybrid to native :P.

~brandon