[c-nsp] 6500 vs 7600

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Fri Aug 11 18:38:35 EDT 2006

Sean Granger wrote:
> NTT is the largest telco in the world.
> Do the math.
> The fact that they screw up Jared's orders is more indicative than most anything else.
> And come on, like the conversion is SO difficult.
> I think the idea there is that it only means more downtime when you're converting on what is otherwise borrowed production time.
> Those who don't keep their spares truly ready will find themselves without a job sooner or later.

The software may not be much of an issue, but ordering a dozen linecards
with DFCs and having to put the DFCs on yourself is a right pain in the
backside.

It's also useful to have boxes delivered in close to their final config
so you can have someone uncrate and test them who may not have super IOS
skills.

Will