[c-nsp] Supervisor 32 Compact Flash

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Aug 11 02:30:55 EDT 2006

On 11/08/2006, at 5:22 AM, Buhrmaster, Gary wrote:

> It looks like Cisco is moving to the PowerPC architecture
> (Freescale manufactured I think) chips for newer routers
> (the NPE-G2 as an example).  I would not be surprised to
> see the PowerPC use expanded, and that could mean faster
> control-plane speeds.

I fully appreciate that we are talking embedded devices here rather
than general purpose computers, but when you see the main  visible
supporter of the technology (Apple) dumping it because PowerPC is
always way behind the performance curve, I wouldn't be too encouraged
by a wide-scaled adoption.

David