[c-nsp] Netcordia Net-MRI anyone?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Aug 15 13:08:05 EDT 2006

I just got telemarketed by these guys, who claim to have a $25K box that
does wonders for optimizing networks and will pay for itself four times
over in a year.  (I can think of several things I'd rather spend $25K
on, but want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.)  URL is
http://www.netmri.com/

The guy was obviously just cold-calling a list, had little clue about
its capabilities, specs, etc.  About the only claim to fame he could
give me is that the Feds have bought several of them.  Pictures on their
website look like a Cobalt RAQ.

Anyone familiar with this product?  Is it worth considering?  We're
presently using a number of open-source tools such as RANCID, Cricket,
Nagios, etc.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323