[c-nsp] New ASA AIP-SSM installation... see packets hit IPS, but no alerts..

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:43:31 EDT 2006

If I do a packet capture on the IPS (AIP-SSM-10 on an ASA5510), I see tons
of traffic hitting the box...

However, I downloaded Blue's Port Scanner and ran it and saw nothing... I
even enabled sig 2004 (echo-reply) and pinged the crap out of a box on the
other side... still no alerts...

The backplane interface is enabled, the service-policy and class map are
configured on the ASA, traffic is definitely hitting the box, but no alerts.

I just upgraded the IPS to 5.1(1) and sig244... everything looks right...
but nothing is working....

Any ideas?

Jonathan