[c-nsp] C7200-I/O-GE with copper GBIC?

Ian Henderson ianh at chime.net.au
Thu Aug 17 20:07:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Ed Ravin wrote:

> Has anyone here run a C7200-I/O-GE with a copper GBIC?  If so, which
> ones?  Cisco's datasheet doesn't mention any copper options - just SX,
> LX, and ZX.  I found a Usenet posting saying that the PA-GE wouldn't
> take a copper GBIC - is that also true for the C7200-I/O-GE?

We've used copper GBICs with both the I/O-GE and the PA-GE just fine. The
only indication that they aren't supported is the media type in show
interface.

GigabitEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up
<snip>
  Full-duplex mode, link type is autonegotiation, media type is unknown 19

--
Ian Henderson, CCIE #14721
Senior Network Engineer, iiNet Limited