[c-nsp] design ? - two POPs, same AS or different?

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Fri Aug 18 01:41:53 EDT 2006

This is a design question and I'm not sure the "best" way to solve this -
looking for suggestions.

I currently have a site in San Jose announcing a /22 out of my larger /20
behind a particular ASN.  In a couple months I'll be opening a second site
somewhere in Europe and announcing another /22.

I won't have any physical connection between each site but will need each site
to talk to each other.

Would I be better off getting a second ASN, putting up GRE tunnels and peering
or use something like allowas-in?

And to add to the complexity, at some point in the future I'll be anycast'ing
a portion of that /20 out of each site.

Thanks.

- mz