[c-nsp] Retrieving running config via SNMP

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Fri Aug 18 09:26:50 EDT 2006

Vincent De Keyzer wrote:

> What we would like to do now is to write a script that gets running and
> startup configs of each device, diffs them, and sends a warning if
> differences are seen.

G'day Vincent,

RANCID (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/) looks like it might be of some
use to you unless you really must use SNMP - RANCID uses telnet.

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au