[c-nsp] Sup720 image

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Sun Aug 20 07:00:34 EDT 2006

Josh wrote:

> First, is there any way to load an image on a Sup720 that doesn't have a
> valid image -- without having another working Sup720 and a CompactFlash
> card?  Cisco TAC assures me this is the case, but it seems pretty mind
> boggling to me (even moreso than the circumstances that lead to this
> revelation).
>
> Given that, is there anyone in the Charlotte NC area (hell, anywhere within
> a ~5 hour drive) that is willing to format a card and load an image onto it
> on a Sunday?

Josh,

If you have a unix box (there may be a windows app to do it I suppose)
and a CF card you can just get a disk image from someone and dd it onto
the CF. No physical media transfer required.

I'd offer but I don't have such an image without actually going to visit
one of our boxes and the chances of that happening on a Sunday are low ;-)

Will