[c-nsp] Sup720 image

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Aug 20 09:31:08 EDT 2006

On (2006-08-20 12:00 +0100), Will Hargrave wrote:

> If you have a unix box (there may be a windows app to do it I suppose)
> and a CF card you can just get a disk image from someone and dd it onto
> the CF. No physical media transfer required.

I really doubt this works, even if you format lets say cflash in VXR or
GSR (or possibly 7600 with 'wrong' IOS), copy 7600 IOS there and insert
the cflash on running 7600, you will happily see IOS there and you can
verify md5sum to be correct, however you can not boot from there, as rommon
does not see anything there, unless it's formatted in 7600 with correct
IOS.

My recommendation for people who have the original 64MB bootflash is to copy
latest SXD image there, just to have something in the system to bring it up
in case of cflash related issues. I learned this the hard way, as it seems
lot of other people have.

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti