[c-nsp] OT: Open Source Network Monitor

Chris Stone axisml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 17:52:33 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 17:25 -0400, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> Stay clear of IT Groundwork,  It is basically just Nagios with a
> bunch of their proprietary 'glue' that doesn't work.  I bought into
> it and spent a summer reinstalling their software every other week to
> fix bugs.  They changed the back end database 3 times in 3 months. It
> was a nightmare.     I would recommend Nagios itself but I would not
> recommend ITGroundworks version of it.

I've been using the Groundwork Monarch web interface (only it) for
Nagios and found it to be a very workable interface for quickly and
easily configuring Nagios configuration files. Have had zero problems
with it - been running since 0.9x and I believe it's up to 1.2 now - but
upgrades have been no problem either.

Chris