[c-nsp] vrf newby question

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Aug 31 12:01:26 EDT 2006

Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa <> wrote on Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:15 PM:

> Hi!
>
> I try to find out how to configure vrf.
> I have two routers connected via a crossover cable on
> the Gigethernet ports.
> I have configured two vrf instances on both,  I can ping
> each other, but eigrp doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas ?

I *think* (have never tried EIGRP in a vrf-lite setup as you're using
it) that you need a config like this where you use a single parent
process and specify the EIGRP ASN in the VRF context via the
"autonomous-system" command:

router eigrp 1
 !
 address-family ipv4 vrf VPN
 redistribute connected
 network 10.0.1.0 0.0.0.255
 autonomous-system 100
 no auto-summary
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family ipv4 vrf internet
 redistribute connected
 network 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255
 autonomous-system 200
 no auto-summary
 exit-address-family
!

can you try this out?

How far does EIGRP go in your setup? Do you see any neighbor?

	oli