[c-nsp] SVI or not SVI

Brian Desmond brian at briandesmond.com
Sat Dec 2 22:24:40 EST 2006

What is your goal (more specifically than connecting the two boxes)? If
you make the port part of a vlan and put the IP on an SVI then you can
have other ports on the switch part of that subnet/vlan. If you make it
a routed port than you're going to have a /30 I'd imagine - just a point
to point link to your juniper. Routed ports aren't part of a vlan. My
feeling is that you want a routed port here given your description,
though.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
brian at briandesmond.com