[c-nsp] WS6548 pericles with port/ether-channels

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Tue Dec 5 05:54:32 EST 2006

Moerman, Maarten wrote:

> I just bought these freakin expensive WS6548GE-TX boards, in order to
> correctly implement portchannels ,and get rid of the 1gb limit the
> 6148's have. As been told by the cisco site, the cisco site also
> mentioned that the 6548's do not have ratelimit problems. So I'm
> implementing those....

1gb limit on 6148? it has a classic bus (32gbit) connection. What
problems have you been having with these?

> I needed to have 2 port channels of 8gb and one of 2gb. Is this possible
> in my configuration? I have 7604's with Sup730-3BXL, no money spared on
> those. And now I've found out that after the cisco site giving me wrong
> information, I can't get this fixed.

6548 is a CEF256 card.. they have a single 8Gbps fabric and a 32Gbps
shared 'classic' bus connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps4835/products_data_sheet0900aecd8017376e.html

Not what you wanted to hear, but you should have really bought
WS-X6748-GE-TX. 67xx cards have CEF720 fabric connections (2x20G) which
means they operate optimally with SUP720.

Will