[c-nsp] OT: Longest Up Time

Michael Balasko Michael.Balasko at cityofhenderson.com
Wed Dec 6 17:20:02 EST 2006

So we had a 5509 that was up for about 4 years, and we sent it out in an
email to the team.
Boss replies back with this:)

1. Why are we paying for maintenance?
2. Why do not have security patches applied that need to be applied?
3. Why do we buy new gear when the old gear obviously works great.
4. If a box can stay running for three years without anyone touching it,
why do I need you:)

Thus we invented NAT. The network appreciation timer, randomly unplug
network gear, and your boss will come to appreciate what you do:) (Just
kidding about NAT)

:)

Michael Balasko
CCSP,CCDA,MCSE,MCNE,SCP