[c-nsp] OT: Longest Up Time

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Dec 7 09:32:27 EST 2006

Several LS1010's with over 6.5 years in production, some of them pushing
>100kpps continuously. (foo uptime is 6 years, 30 weeks, 3 days, 11 hours,
19 minutes quickly looking has highest, but several other few minutes
less)
Also several 3500XL's with bit under 6 years.

Last reboot in each case was due to IOS upgrade. We have new IOS waiting
in flash for each of the said boxes, but as the L3 in those boxes
terminates to VRF, there is no security incentive to upgrade
boxes and L2 isn't very feature hungry. We have one cosmetic problem
with the LS1010 IOS we're running on those boxes that have not had
power outages.

FICIX1 LS1010 might be pushing >10years, not sure. But it hasn't
done anything in years, so I'm not sure if that counts. People
just don't want to shut it down, just to see how far it'll
go. Someone from AS6667 could inform the list.

--
  ++ytti