[c-nsp] "IP addresses may not be configured on L2 links" FastEthernet interfaces

bmannella at g3tech.net bmannella at g3tech.net
Thu Dec 7 08:22:30 EST 2006

I suspect that the ports are in "switchport" mode.

Try doing this...

Under the port you want to configure, before you type ip address X.X.X.X
try issuing a "no switchport" command. Then try and configure a ip on the
interface.

If that still doesn't work, i would guess that the 4 ports on the 815 are
switchports only. My next suggestion would be to create a "SVI" and try to
assign that a ip.