[c-nsp] sup720- packet losses to directly connected interfaces

Zahid Hassan zhassan at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 16:30:14 EST 2006

Dear All,

I am running several sup720/6500 as PE routers (RR clients) will full BGP
table.
Occasionally when there is an IBGP next hop update, I do get packet losses
to directly connected CE interfaces.

The IBGP next hop updates happens when I have to change between several
upstream
transit peers.

Mostly after resetting the PE-CE interfaces or reloading the PE, the packet
loss problem
seems to resolve.

To me it looks like its a MLS CEF related problem.

I am running the following releases:

122-33.SRA1
12.2(18)SXD3

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with sup720/6500 ?

Any advise or input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ZH