[c-nsp] cat6 gigE

Mon Dec 11 15:40:51 EST 2006

I tested my gbic modules for the 2950G's by plugging two modules into the
switch and using a pre-made patch cord, the orange light came on so I know
the modules look to be working.  I recrimped the cable 3 times, and still
everytime it will link up on 10/100 port but not in the gbic port.  What's
I'm thinking about doing now is just punching it down into a connector and
then using a short patch cord from that.  I'm looking at possibly getting a
tester but I've heard that working with cat6 is much easier if you just
punch it down.

any thoughts?

~Shaun

news:525450AD493E1E44B6B00A4A752D7DE502CB8FB6 at courier.vc3.com...