[c-nsp] Selecting an eBGP destination based on the sourcenetwork.

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Thu Dec 14 19:03:31 EST 2006

I'm just guessing here with a bit of brainstorming, but perhaps it might
yield something useful.

Perhaps one customer class could be marked and/or placed in one VRF, another
customer class marked and/or placed in another VRF.  An IGP can be used to
cost links and send customer class 1 to one edge router with low-quality
links, and customer class 2 to another edge where high-quality links exists.
The edge routers are BGP meshed.  If BGP on one edge doesn't have the
destinations, then the traffic should then go over to the other link for
exit.

Theoretically, this provides two levels of failover:
  * the IGP fails from edge to the other
  * the edge routers back each other up (with VRF and appropriate
redistribution, it may even be possible to have high/low quality on the the
same router)

Someone can tell me if I'm on crack or not.

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.