[c-nsp] Multicast over MPLS L2 VPN

Shiraz shiraz.malik at dancom.com.pk
Fri Dec 15 04:24:37 EST 2006

Hi all,

As the subject says.I'm having problem in getting ISIS up between 2 routers
connected to an MPLS provider (proving L2 VPN). It is an end-to-end Ethernet
connectivity of 10Mb and MPLS core of the provider is running on 7600 boxes.

I haven't been able to run ISIS because according to the provider the
circuit is not letting multicast traffic get from one side to the other and
vice versa. Though I've successfully run OSPF using P2MP non-broadcast and
defining static OSPF neighbor but ISIS is what I'm running in the rest of
network and would prefer the same on this circuit too. GRE tunnel also let
me run OSPF/ISIS using unicast packets.

Is/has anyone facing/faced such a problem? Any help?

One end is on 3660 and other is on 7206VXR and while the provider core is on
7600s.

Thanks.

--

Shiraz A. Malik