[c-nsp] 6500 Sup720 3B Comact Flash

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Fri Dec 15 02:23:34 EST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Andy Taylor wrote:

> Elmar/Richard,
>
> Many thanks. I've been told it has to be CF Type II, and SanDisk only seems to do Type I.
>
> Have you tried a Type I CF in a Sup720 3B?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Andy

Hi Andy

As far as I remember, type II cf cards were only IBM/Hitachi Microdrives.
Only difference between type I and type II is thickness of card. Type I
is 3.3mm and type II is 5mm. Everything else is same. So if your device
supports type II cards, you can use both type I or type II cards, while
you can't use type II cards if device supports only type I cards (but
that's pretty obvious, right?:)

PS: As far as cards itself goes... I rather stick with Sandisk or Lexar
then Cisco. Sandisk and Lexar are two of very few companies making their
own cores for cards, and they are best thing you can get when it comes
to CF cards. Quality and performance wise.

Have fun,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/