[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Dec 15 16:52:41 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 02:27:30PM -0500, Tim Durack wrote:
> Cisco really need to make this clear - at the moment it is difficult
> to determine what hardware/software functionality is going to be
> available on these two platforms moving forward.

Whatever you are going to purchase, next year one of the BUs is going
to screw you.

I can really see this coming:

 "Oh, you have a 7600 chassis with a WS-X6748 blade?  Now, that isn't
  going to be supported any longer.  For the 7600 you need SR* IOS
  versions, and for LAN switch modules, you must run SX* IOS.  So for
  your hardware, you need to either get a new chassis + supervisor, or
  new SR-compatible interface blades".

Maybe that's just me, but this whole 7600 vs. 6500 BU crap is giving
me the creeps.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de