[c-nsp] IP SLAs - throughput measurement

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Dec 18 13:19:57 EST 2006

Ras,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to show my ignorance here. I'm not quite
sure how that will multiply the traffic load by ~255. I assume you are not
saying that I could generate a single ~3.92Mbps traffic stream from PC to
PC, and the fact that the switches are routing to each other will cause them
to route the traffic on all 255 IP's in the /24, thus multiplying the
inter-switch traffic to 1Gbps. There must be something I'm not getting here.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more for me? I'd like to understand your
method better, if possible.

Thanks,
Adam