[c-nsp] IP SLAs - throughput measurement

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Mon Dec 18 13:37:04 EST 2006

He's talking about dueling gateways. With both boxes sending traffic to
each other, all packets sent into the network are routed to each other in
a cyclic loop, each packet living until its TTL is decremented to 0. You
just keep feeding data into it until the volume gets to the level you
want, and monitor for errors. Stop sending new data, and the load will
slowly drop as TTLs expire.

- billn