[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Mon Dec 18 18:49:40 EST 2006

[snip]

> > I think you had recommended going back to 12.0S.  Are you
> suggesting
> > that 12.2S should never have been done/released for the 7500?
>
> That's correct.

I never understood why the S trains on 7500 didn't provide support for
full diffserve matching on standard/extended ACL's, yet mainline code
for almost all trains did. I guess now I get to start focusing my
dislike on GSR code, given the recommendations from Cisco in the EOL
notice!

Who else is rushing out to purchase that new (ebayed!) 12012?

-Tk