[c-nsp] EOS/EOL for the 7500 platform

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Sat Dec 16 16:57:11 EST 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Dan Armstrong wrote:

> You were looking for a sentimental response.
>
> I grew up on that platform.  I'm not the oldest Internet geek in the
> world, but that is where I learned all my little tips and tricks.  I
> knew how a 7500 failed, I knew how to fix it and I knew when it was sad,
> and how to make it happy.
>
> I am sad to see it go..... that was my childhood.

I guess I will be show be showing my age but I felt the same way a decade
ago when the AGS+ went EOL:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps428/prod_eol_notice0900aecd8029d3ed.html

I even remember doing benchmarks of 8.1 vs Wellfleet and Proteon:
<http://groups.google.co.il/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/msg/222f3671282af1b0?q=hank+nussbacher+cisco+wellfleet+comparison&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&scoring=d&rnum=4>

-Hank Nussbacher
http://www.interall.co.il