[c-nsp] OT: WAN connections that aren't T1's... I am sick of T1's.

nealr neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Tue Dec 19 18:14:36 EST 2006

  If you're running Cisco 26xx or 36xx the AIM-COMPR/2 modules are
littering the landscape - pop one into each location, configure the
right encapsulation (I use frame, not sure about other methods), and
you'll get at least 30% - 40% improvement. Other systems have different
ways of doing it but hardware assisted compression will give you a nice
boost. Next step would be getting internet access of the T1s and onto a
local DSL circuit ...