[c-nsp] SFP & GBIC module compatibility

Perry, Andrew Andrew.Perry at qwest.com
Tue Dec 19 21:28:45 EST 2006

we have found that Cicso SFP's must be used in Cisco's and Juniper's in Juniper's. they will not work in each other at all. I have personaly found this to be true. I have not tried either in any other vendors equipment yet.

Thanks,

Andy Perry
Staff Security Engineer
GCIA - GCIH
Qwest Communications
Desk 303-607-5046
DF68 9611 A906 80DC AB6E 24E1 F060 32B0 F01F 0C7F
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what is for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
Benjamin Franklin