[c-nsp] Storm Control on Catalsyt 2950G

Samit Jana janasamit at wlink.com.np
Sun Dec 24 22:24:43 EST 2006

Hi all,

We are running wireless network and every access point is terminated in the
Catalyst 2950G ports.

I am planning to use the storm control feature based on pps on all the port
and err-disable the port and send traps sametime, if it detects the storm
once the  rising threshold exceeds and re-enable the port if falling
threshold meets. However I found that 2950 administratively shutdown the port
and never checks for the falling threshold.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d6a38.html#xtocid1

"Storm control uses rising and falling thresholds to block and then restore
the forwarding of broadcast, unicast, or multicast packets"

But i don't see the restoration process

"Select the shutdown keyword to error-disable the port during a storm"
It doesn't err-disable the port it shutdown the port and manually need to do
the no shut.

Any suggestion? or am i overlooking something else?

--
samit