[c-nsp] Sup1a MSFC2 Policy Based Routing

Rudy Setiawan rudy at rudal.com
Tue Dec 26 21:42:27 EST 2006

Hi Jason,

On you route-map, can you add
One more line permit?

route-map peer-out permit 20

And see if the counter on permit 20 is increasing?

if yes, then the match ip address is not matching it on permit 10.

Just a way to find out if it matches permit 10 or not.

Rudy

route-map peer-out permit 10
 match ip address 180
 set ip next-hop 4.4.4.10

This is where I get a bit lost. I assigned this route map to the
interface in which the 1.1.1.0 network was attached with this.

interface f 3/10
ip policy route-map peer-out

I don't see the policy routing matches increasing when I do a show
route-map peer-out. On top of that, if I traceroute from any server in
the 1.1.1.0/28 network to the outside world, it still uses the BGP
preferred route from the route table. Is there something I am doing
wrong here to override the outbound traffic for this subnet to go over a
desired BGP peer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

jason