[c-nsp] WS-X6148A-GE-TX Etherchannel limit

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Dec 26 22:12:14 EST 2006

There are multiple ASICs on this card & they serve different
functions. You can do a sh asic to see all the different ASICs on a
particular line card. For this module, the groupings mentioned in the
user docs & sh int cap output deal with the so-called pinnacle ASICs.
Each of these connects to 3 mux ASICs that in turn connect 8 physical
interfaces each.

Ports belonging to the pinnacle port groups all share certain
characteristics, like certain qos paramters etc.

Tim

At 05:07 PM 12/25/2006 +0100, Robert Hass opined:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759