[c-nsp] WS-X6148A-GE-TX Etherchannel limit

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Wed Dec 27 15:02:53 EST 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Robert Hass wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, lee.e.rian at census.gov wrote:
>
>> Probably because it's showing the backplane [or fabric?] conection.
>>
>> Try doing a "show asic slot <n>" and see if there's 6 of anything..  eg:
>> sup720>sh asic slot 3
>> Module in slot 3 has 4 type(s) of ASICs
>
> Another interesting issue which I have on one of our 6500 is that
> command 'sh platform hardware capacity interface' doesn't display
> buffer sizes for WS-SUP720-3B (slot 1) and WS-X6148-GE-TX (slot 3)...

The 6148-GE-TX linecard is not returning the proper values for
the interface buffer query from the supervisor.

CSCek66014 is filed to track this issue.

We will investigate the Sup not displaying the buffer size, and track that
separately.

thanks for reporting.

  on this 6500 I'm affected with a lot of overruns due to >1Gb/s for 1