[c-nsp] upgrade firmware on Cat6k / CatOS modules?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Dec 29 06:12:13 EST 2006

HI,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 03:55:12PM -0800, Sukumar Subburayan wrote:
> In my lab, regardless of whether the port is connected or not, I see the
> 'port_speed' at '2' when the port is in 100 or auto. Only time it goes to
> '1' is when the speed is hard-coded to 10.

Something is definitely fishy on this module...

asc0> sh port 7/31
Port  Name                 Status     Vlan       Duplex Speed Type
----- -------------------- ---------- ---------- ------ ----- ------------
 7/31                      notconnect 731          auto  auto 10/100BaseTX

asc0> (enable) show agc 7/31
< after-up >
port_speed   = 1
port_duplex  = 1

... some experiments later... setting the port to "speed 10" and then
*back* to 100 and then to "auto" makes it display

port_speed   = 2
port_duplex  = 1

- so indeed, there was a mismatch, even if it wasn't visible in "show port".

Weird.

(We'll run some more tests)

gert