[c-nsp] BGP and NAT

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Thu Feb 2 08:52:04 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:42, Richard Mikisa wrote:

> router A <--ibgp--> route B <--eBGP PUblic IP prefixes
> -> IXP
>

> My network		|
> (192.168.0.0/24)	|
> 			192 for the iBGP with A
> 			81.X.X.X on my update source (fully routed)
> 			195.X.X.X for the eth that connects to the IX

Okay, so it's clear you are not announcing RFC 1918 space
(that took long enough :-).

Still doesn't make sense to me why you are choosing to use
a different IP address for your update-source on a
connected fabric with your peers.

So since you are doing NAT, what public IP address on
router A (from the public IP address space you are
announcing to the exchange point) are you overloading
onto to appear routable to/from the exchange point?

Mark.