[c-nsp] T1 down in all MLPPP Bundles

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Feb 2 15:54:08 EST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 07:41:23AM -0500, Eric Kagan wrote:
> T1 0/1 is down.
>   Applique type is Channelized T1
>   Cablelength is long gain36 0db
>   Transmitter is sending remote alarm.
>   Receiver is getting AIS.

The CSU/DSU/Smartjack (whatever it's called on T1s) is telling you
"there is something broken on the network side of me".

AIS is an alarm signal that tells you "the local connection is fine,
but somewhere further out, it isn't".

Carriers should be able to see this themselves, but usually it takes
some pushing for them to realize "oh, you're saying it's *my* device
that signals an alarm to you?  then we need to check again!"...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de