[c-nsp] NPE-400 vs. NPE-G1

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sat Feb 4 09:57:49 EST 2006

Aly, Yasser wrote:
> Hi Gert,
>
>   Regarding using 6724 and a DFC, what would be the limitations using
> 6724 without DFC?

You'd be limited to the switching done on the Supervisor.  By adding a
DFC you're offloading the switching onto the daughter card, essentially
giving you another 15Mpps.

>   DFC comes as optional, same as extra memory for the card.

I believe DFC is around $15K list.  You only buy them if you really need
them, and if you're pushing that kind of traffic, $15K list seems cheap.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin and Hobbes