[c-nsp] NPE-400 vs. NPE-G1

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Feb 6 07:06:57 EST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 12:56:45PM +0100, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> > Compare BGP convergence times.
>
> interesting, but I don't think this is a CPU speed issue.. what
> difference do you observe? And which IOS releases do you compare?

"It feels a lot slower" (CPU load, the time it takes to recover from
"clear ip b * soft", which I had to do fairly often recently due to
CSCsb09852, and the time for BGP to fully come up after reload).

Unfortunately, I don't have setups that are directly comparable
regarding number of iBGP/eBGP peers, so it's very hard to come up
with exact numbers.

NPE-G1/7301 are running 12.2(18)S10, Sup720 is running 12.2(18)SXF
(and recently, SXF2).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de