[c-nsp] SUP2 on 6509 Crashing with BGP

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 10:36:25 EST 2006

Hi Richard,
 it'll be related to the IOS you are using and the features you have enabled.

You should be seeing significant memory being allocated for BGP, Routing, CEF

For comparison, I have a couple 7206s with 256Mb RAM doing some simple tasks..
taking a reflected full feed (so hopefully minimal duplication of routing data)
they're down to about 15Mb free - time is running out!

Steve