[c-nsp] NPE-300 and Non-vxr chassis

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 7 07:16:45 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:00:21PM +0100, Garry wrote:
> >Slower NPEs work only in non-VXR, faster NPEs only in VXR.
>
> Actually, not quite ... I have seen an NPE150 running in a VXR chassis:
>
> cisco 7204VXR (NPE150) processor (revision B) with 114688K/16384K bytes
> of memory.

Oh?

Interesting.

This router has certainly not read the relevant Cisco documents that
say "this is not working". :-)

Most likely this is working by chance, and it might break with any new
software release - being an officially unsupported combination.  But
still, it might come in handy one day, one never knows.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de