[c-nsp] 7206VXR (NPE300) & 12.3(17a)

De Houwer, Wim Wim.DeHouwer at scarlet.biz
Tue Feb 7 10:05:10 EST 2006

Tassos,

I've got the same problem on a AS5800 access server (which has 2
components, a 7200 for routing/intelligence and a 5800 chassis for as a
really big modem/E1 bank).

As the NPE-300 goes EOL soon, it seems to be inserted into the code, but
in my case it also works fine...

One of the cisco TAC guys suggested that i would talk about this issue
with our account manager @ cisco and look into the upgrade path towards
the NPE-G1,
which is in my opinion serious overkill as the load of the NPE-300 never
goes above 30% CPU.

I don't know how long support for the NPE-300 will be included into the
ios code, but maybe Rodney or one of the other guys can shed some light
onto this subject ...

Cheers,

Wim