[c-nsp] inbound ACl

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Feb 7 10:27:15 EST 2006

The only thing I can think of like this is for multicast, using the
mls ip multicast stub command, which programs the tcam to allow local
sources on the subnet to source multicast traffic while dropping all
other multicast to prevent high CPU due to non-RPF traffic. There are
other ways to deal w/this in more recent hardware though (this is an
issue in sup1 systems, and to a lesser degree on sup2 systems).

If you are thinking of something else, not sure what it could be...

Tim

At 06:59 AM 2/7/2006, Alban Dani submitted:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759