[c-nsp] Etherchannels and member port load

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Feb 8 17:32:57 EST 2006

Load in sh etherchannel detail does not represent the actual current
load on the interfaces, it represents the division of the hash
buckets across the member ports and is static once the channel is
configured (and membership is stable). It is a bit odd that it is 00
in your case though, it should look something like:

Index   Load   Port     EC state        No of bits
------+------+------+------------------+-----------
   0     55     Gi3/1    On    4
   1     AA     Gi3/2    On    4

In binary you can see that the buckets are divided evenly between the
two ports.

0x55=b01010101
0xAA=b10101010

Tim

At 01:46 PM 2/8/2006, Rasmus Hansen submitted:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759