[c-nsp] Re: NPE-400 vs. NPE-G1

Charles Sporkman spork.sporkman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 02:03:22 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Charles Sporkman <spork.sporkman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> [snip]
> Ideally I'd like to get another chassis with an NPE-G1 and relegate
> the old box to doing customer aggregation.  Realistically, I may be
> lucky to get an NPE-400.  Some of the things we're looking to do in
> the future mainly involve pushing more bandwidth over simple
> interfaces.

Just to close this one up, we have committed to an NPE-G1, it just
makes the most sense even though it is pricey.  Have quotes from NHR
and Canvas Systems so far.  Both seem decent, but they have zero used
VXR chassis in stock, and buying a new one hurts.

Regardless, thanks for all the input, it was very helpful.

Charles