[c-nsp] show interface input rate with service-policy applied

tin.nguyen at sasktel.sk.ca tin.nguyen at sasktel.sk.ca
Fri Feb 10 16:56:45 EST 2006

I have a 6506 router with sup720 running native IOS 12.2(18)SXF1. I
applied a service-policy input on a OSM GE-WAN interface that shape the
input traffic at X Mbps. I then use IXIA to send in Y Mbps of traffic
(where Y > X). In the show interface command output, the input rate always
shows X Mbps.

Anyone know if this by design or a bug? does the show interface input rate
include or exclude packets that were dropped in the input queue due to MQC
QoS service-policy?

Thanks,

Tin